Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque
4 medium butternut squash
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup butter
6 cups chicken stock
4 t chicken base
1/2 t allspice
1/2 t ground white pepper
8 T honey
6 oz mascarpone cheese
chives to garnish (optional)
1. Peel and halve butternut squash.
2. Place in a roasting pan and drizzle each half with an equal
amount of honey.
3. Roast butternut squash in a pre-heated 400 f oven for about
4. In a large saucepan, sauté onions in butter until tender. Add
roasted squash, chicken stock and chicken base, bring to boil;
cook 20 minutes. Season with all spice and white pepper.
5. Puree squash bisque in a blender or food processor in batches
until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow
6. Serve hot in a soup bowl and place a table spoon of
mascarpone cheese in the center of the bowl, garnish with 2 of
fresh chives on top as shown.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!