Pan Seared Sea Scallops
Baby Spinach, Orange Zest, Saffron, Cauliflower and Salsify Puree
12 Large sea scallops
2 T seafood rub
1 lb fresh baby spinach leaves
4 T butter
zest of one orange
salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
1 shallot, minced
2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
2 cups salsify roots, peeled and chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
2 t chicken base
2 t butter
1. Melt 2t butter in a heavy sauce pan and sauté shallots until transparent.
2. Add cauliflower, salsify, chicken stock, cream and chicken base to the
shallot and cook on medium heat to reduce for about 30 min.
3. Place the sauce in a blender to puree on high speed, ( wait until the sauce
is cool enough to handle), then strain through a sieve; set aside.
4. Dry all scallops with a dry paper towel and season both sides with the
5. In a sauté pan melt 2T butter and pan sear all scallops for 2 min. on each
6. Place in a preheated 400 f oven for about 5-6 min. Sauté baby spinach
leaves in 2 t butter and season with salt and pepper to taste, for about 3 min.
Preheat sauce and spoon in the center of the serving plate, place a portion of
the sautéed baby spinach in the middle, then place 2 scallops on top,
garnish with orange zest.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|California's Most Exclusive Gourmet Wine Club
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!