Creamy NY Style Cheese Cake
2 1/2 lbs cream cheese at room temp
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1/2 t lemon zest
1/2 t orange zest
1/4 t vanilla extract
2 additional egg yolks
1/4 cup whipping cream
9-inch spring form pan lined generously with butter
and patted with graham cracker crumbs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 500 F. Prepare spring form pan by
greasing with butter and graham cracker.
2. Place cream cheese, sugar, flour, orange, lemon zest and
vanilla extract in a bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed
3. Add the eggs and yolks, to the mixture slowly, one at a
time the add the heavy cream.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared spring form pan and
bake in a water bath for 10 minutes or until the top of the cake
turns golden brown.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 225 F, and bake for 60 min.
6. Remove cake from oven and cool in a refrigerator.
7. When cooled, release the sides of the pan. Do not remove
the bottom of the pan. Place cake on a platter. Slice and
serve on a dessert plate with sliced fresh strawberries then
garnish with mango or raspberry coulis and fresh mint.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >