Hors D' Oeuvres;
Caramelized Apple and Brie in Phyllo
With Toasted Almonds
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
8 sheets phyllo pastry
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 T butter
1 cup granny smith apples, finely diced
1/4 cup slivered almond, toasted
2 T brandy
1 T brown sugar
8 oz Brie cheese, diced
1/4 t allspice
1. In skillet, melt 2 T butter over medium heat; cook diced apple for about 4 minutes. Add brandy, brown
sugar and allspice, cook for another 4 minutes, set aside to cool.
2. In bowl, stir together almonds and Brie; add apple mixture, stir to combine.
3. Place 1 sheet of the phyllo pastry on work surface, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent
drying out. Cut lengthwise into five 2-1/2-inch wide strips.
3. Brush each strip lightly with some of the butter. Spoon 1 tsp of the filling about 1/2-inch from end of each
strip. Fold 1 corner of phyllo over filling so bottom edge meets side edge to form triangle. Continue folding
triangle sideways and upward to end of strip. Fold end flap over to stick. Repeat with remaining phyllo and
4. Brush both sides of phyllo triangles lightly with butter. Freeze for 2 hours, bake frozen in a single layer on
rimmed baking sheet pan in a preheated 400°F oven until golden, about 15 minutes.
5. Arrange on serving platter and garnish with a few slices of apple.
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >