Hors D' Oeuvres
Smoked Salmon & Warm Potato Gallette
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
1 lb Idaho potato
2 T chopped onion
1 large egg
2 T. flour
1 1/2 cup sunflower oil for frying
7 oz. smoked salmon
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
4 sprigs of fresh dill, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Peel and grate the potatoes and finely chop the onion; put them both in a sieve. Press with
a spoon to squeeze out as much starchy liquid as possible.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the egg, flour, salt, and pepper to taste, and mix well.
3. Pour the oil into a frying pan and heat until it shows a haze.
4. Put a T of the potato mixture into the oil, flattening it to a small pancake about 2 " in diameter. Keep adding more of the
same size of mixture to the pan, fry for about 1 minute or until they are golden on the bottom, then turn them over and
cook the other side until crisp and golden but still soft in the center.
5. Remove the pancakes from the pan, drain them on paper towels, and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the
6. Cut the salmon into small strips. Rinse and dry the dill or parsley. Serve each pancake topped with a spoonful of sour
cream and a few strips of salmon, and garnished with some fresh dill.
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >