Steaks and chops
Filet Mignon, Au Poivre
Green Peppercorn Sauce
4 / 6-8 oz filet mignon steaks
1 3/4 cup beef demi-glaze
6 T butter
3 T olive oil
2 T chopped shallots
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup cognac or brandy
3 T drained green peppercorns
3 T cracked black peppercorns
1. Melt 3 T butter in large skillet over medium high heat, add minced shallots and cook for 4 min.
2. Add green peppercorn and cognac or brandy, be careful of flames, add demi-glaze and heavy
cream, simmer for 6 minutes till mixture thickens to sauce consistency, season with salt as needed.
3. Season steaks on both sides with salt & cracked black peppercorns.
4. Cook steaks to desired temperature in a large skillet on high heat in 3 T butter and 3 T olive oil (about 3 minutes per side for
medium rare), place in a preheated 400 F oven for about 8 minutes.
5. To serve; place steak in the center of serving plat, spoon sauce over steak and serve.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >