Steaks and Chops
Grilled Veal Chop,
Shiitaki Mushroom, Spinach and Roasted Potato Veal Jus Lie
4 veal chops
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 T butter
16 shiitake mushrooms
3 cups veal stock
1 T fresh rosemary, chopped
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup demi-glaze
1 T tomato paste
2 large Idaho potato, split and
quartered, set in cold water
1 shallot, minced
2 carrots, sliced
1 lb baby spinach
4 sprigs of rosemary, for garnish
2 t balsamic glaze (optional)
1. In a large skillet preheat 1/4 cup olive oil and saute minced
shallots, for 3 minutes, add red wine and reduce by half.
2. Add, potato, carrots and shiitake mushrooms, pour veal stock,
tomato past and demi glaze, simmer for 10-12 minutes to reduce
to a light consistency, potato should be cooked then, season with
rosemary, salt and pepper to taste, strain and set aside.
3. Grill Veal chops to desired temperature, 4 minutes on each
side for medium rare.
4. In a large skillet, place 2 T butter, preheat, add baby spinach
and sauté for 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve; place an equal amount of sautéd spinach on the top
of serving plate, 12 o'clock position, lean the veal chop on top and
spoon vegetable around, drizzle a small amount of veal jus
around, you can also, garnish with balsamic glaze, as shown.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >