Capellini Pomodoro, Fresh Basil
1/2 cup extra virginolive Oil
3 garlic Cloves, minced
2 / 24 oz cans Italian san marzano plum Tomatoes
5 leaves Fresh Basil, shredded
2 T chicken base
1 fresh paprika, julienne (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb capellini
1. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and minced
garlic, sauté garlic until golden brown add fresh paprika and cook for another 2 min.
Note: You can not substitute fresh paprika with dry.
2. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium high and cook for 20
minutes or until flavors are well blended, stir occasionally using hard wire whisk to break
down whole tomatoes in the sauce. Add chicken base, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil salt
and pepper to taste, stir well.
3. Have a large sauté pan ready with 1 T Olive Oil, hot to toss the pasta in
4. Cook Capellini until aldente, about 4 min. Drain.
5. Return the drained pasta to pan with olive oil and toss with ½ the sauce.
6. Using tongs, place in the center of serving bowl, top with some more sauce,
sprinkle with thinly shredded basil and serve immediately. Garnish with basil leaves.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >