Parpadelle with ragu of osso bucco and Sage Sauce
1 lb veal osso bucco meat, shredded
4 cup pomodoro sauce
3 T olive oil
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 t fresh thyme, chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup veal or chicken stock
4 leaves of fresh sage, chopped
1 lb Pappardelle pasta
1/2 cup pecarino romano cheese
Great recipe to use leftover Osso Bucco meat.
1. In a large heavy sauce pan, on high heat preheat olive oil, and sauté fresh garlic till lightly brown.
2. Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery, reduce heat to medium high, cook until soft but not brow for
about 8 minutes.
3. Add the wine, reduce by half then add the stock, bring to boil, simmer, for about 4 minutes.
Add pomodoro sauce, shredded osso bucco meat, fresh thyme and fresh sage, cook for another 5 minutes,
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta aldente, according to packet instructions.
5. Return pasta to pot, add half the sauce and mix gently.
6. To serve, using tongs, pile the pasta in the center of the serving bowl, and top with a small ladle of sauce,
garnish by sprinkling fresh grated pecarino romano cheese on top, as shown.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >