Penne With Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb Italian Sausage
1 lb penne pasta
1 lb broccoli rabe, cooked
1 cup chicken stock
2 T chicken base
salt and Pepper to taste
4 T pecorino Romano cheese,
1. Place broccoli rabe in a deep sauce pan with cold water, cover
As soon as bubbles start to appear at the sides of the pan,
remove it from the heat and drain, set aside.
2. In a large sauté pan heat oil and stir in garlic over medium
heat, until golden brown. Add the sausages and sauté until meat
is cooked. Add the chicken stock, chicken base and bring to a
boil, add the cooked broccoli rabe.
3. Raise the heat to high and simmer for 4 min. Add salt and
pepper as needed.
4. In a large 5 qrts. pot cook the penne until aldente
(about 9 Min.).
5. Drain the pasta and return the drained penne to the pot. Place
over medium-high heat and stir in the broccoli rabe and sausage
sauce. Using a wooden spoon, toss together for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and place in the center of serving bowl.
Sprinkle with pecorino romano cheese and serve.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >