Crispy Duck, Grand Marnier Orange Marmalade glaze
1 4-5 lb duck
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup grand marnier
1/3 cup orange marmalade
2 t orange zest
1 T cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 t spicy brown mustard
1. In small sauce pan over medium heat, add pineapple juice,
orange juice, and grand marnier, stir constantly until mixture comes
to a boil.
2. Stir in spicy mustard and marmalade, dissolve 1 T of cornstarch in
1/2 cup of water and mix well then add slowly while stirring the sauce
on low heat when thick remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Wash the duck, and pat dry, rub it with olive oil, lemon, orange and
season with salt and pepper onto the skin, place the lemon and
orange halves inside the cavity along with the thyme sprigs.
4. Tie the legs together and twist the wings under the back. Place the
duck on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 2 1/2 hours in a
preheated oven at 375 degrees.
5. Remove from the oven, prick the skin thoroughly with a fork, then
increase the heat to 500 degrees, and return the duck to the oven for
another 15 minutes to brown until the fat oozes out.
Turn the duck once or twice during this period. Serve with hot grand
marnier glaze and garnish with sliced orange and fresh thyme,
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!