French cut Chicken Breast,
Wax Beans, Cippolini onions Pommery Mustard Sauces
4 french cut chicken breast
5 T extra virgin olive oil
1 t fresh thyme
salt and Pepper to taste
16 medium size cippolini onions, peeled
1 t brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken stock
8 oz green beans
8 oz wax beans
1 minced shallot
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 t fresh thyme
3 t chicken base
4 T heavy cream
6 t butter
2 T dijon mustard
1 T whole-grain pommrey mustard
1 T horseradish
1 T finely chopped chives
1. Cut ends from green and wax beans. In 5 quart saucepan over high boil 3
quarters water. Add beans, heat to a boil again, stirring beans occasionally;
remove from heat and cool rapidly with cold water, drain and refrigerate.
2. Season chicken breast with a pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, and fresh thyme.
3. In a shallow sauté pan, preheat 4 T butter and cook the cippolini onions over
medium heat, turn onions occasionally, when golden brown,
add brown sugar after 2 minutes then de- glaze pan with 1/2 cup chicken stock,
season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer over low heat for about 5 min, till
cooked, set aside.
3. In a sauté pan preheat olive oil and place chicken breast skin side down on
medium high heat, for about 6 min, till golden brown.
Turn chicken over on the other side for another 5 min, then place in a preheated
400 F oven for about 15 min.
4. Place the butter and shallot in a heavy saucepan; on medium heat for about
3 minutes, add white wine and reduce by half, then add chicken stock, chicken
base, heavy cream, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard and horseradish
reduce for about 5 minutes. Before serving, whisk in the fresh thyme and chives,
5. To serve; heat the beans in hot water, strain and season with salt and pepper,
place in the center of the serving plate and top it with the chicken breast, spoon 4
cippolini onions on each plate and garnish with the whole grain mustard sauce,
use a table spoon to serve the sauce around the chicken as shown.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!