Country Style Whole Roasted Chicken,
fresh Herbs and aromatic Vegetables and Potato
4 medium All-Purpose Potatoes
1 5lb roasting Chicken
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
1/4 cup extra virgin olive Oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into medium cubes. Place in cold, salted water to cover and set aside.
3. Wash the chicken and pat dry. Cut the lemon in half and generously squeeze the juice into the cavity and
on the skin.
4. Place rosemary, thyme and garlic in the cavity along with the squeezed lemon halves. Using butcher’s
twine, tie the legs to the body.
5. Season the bird with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Put the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Drain the potatoes and pat them dry. Mix all vegetables and potato in a bowl then toss with olive oil, salt
and pepper to taste. Scatter them around the chicken in the roasting pan.
8. Place the chicken in the preheated oven and roast, turning vegetables occasionally, for about 1 ½ hours or
until chicken is golden brown and the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife and potatoes are
crisp and nicely browned.
9. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!
Follow us > >