Beet and Goat Cheese Salad,
|For The Distinctive Epicurean and Wine Enthusiast
3 medium red beets
3 medium yellow beets
1/3 cup almonds, chopped
2 T maple syrup
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 oz goat cheese
6 T fig jam
1 oz micro greens
1. Place peeled and trimmed beets into 2 separate saucepan, one for yellow and another
for red beets. Sand fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30
minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut into slices.
2. While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat
until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup. Cook and stir until evenly
coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, sherry vinegar and olive oil
to make the dressing. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
4. Arrange sliced beets on a serving plate, place a small amount of the micro greens on top.
5. Divid goat cheese evenly and slice to 6 slices about 2 " in diameter, place on top of the
micro greens, garnish with candied almonds, 3 small dollop of fig jam around the outer rim
of the plate and drizzle with orange vinaigrette, as shown.
|Private Wine Society
Property of Swanky Wine Snob, LLC
Copyright, All rights reserved, 2010
Hosted by Yahoo!